2480 East Bay Drive
Suite A 6
Largo, FL 33771
How to Clean your Finished Cross Stitch
So, once you are done stitching, how can you clean your cross stitching to prepare it for framing or other finishing?
The best way to prepare it is to hand wash it to remove oils and small stains, and press it remove any wrinkles or small folds.
How to Hand Wash Your Cross Stitch
1. Place the finished piece luke warm water with a very mild washing liquid (dish soap).
2. Soak for about 15 minutes, moving the fabric around gently in the water.
3. Rinse it carefully in clean water several times, until all the soap is gone, and water runs clean.
4. Place the work carefully face-down on a clean white towel, smoothing out any wrinkles.
5. Place another clean white towel on top.
6. Roll up the towels and squeeze gently to remove excess water. Do not fold.
How to Dry and Press Your Cross Stitch
1. Place the piece face-down on another clean dry white towel.
2. Press the reverse side using a pressing cloth and iron at medium heat. (You may use steam if needed, but only when you are using a press-cloth)
3. Continue pressing until it is mostly dry.
4. At this point, I check to make sure my stitching "lines up" (sometimes the aida can get stretched out so the stitching edges don't look square). I lay a ruler along each edge to check how straight the stitching lines are. If the stitching does not line up vertically and horizontally, you can gently tug at the opposite corners to coax the stitching into place.
5. Now, continue pressing until it is completely dry.
Well, that was easy! You are now ready to frame your work :)
You'll find over 7,000 Cross-Stitch, Punch Needle, and Hand Embroidery Patterns.
If you're looking for counted cross-stitch fabric, we have a great selection of regular and over-dyed fabric - 10 to 40 count (with the heaviest emphasis on 14 and 28 count).
Our floss selection is incomparable to any you'll find in the area (including the big box stores!). We carry seven different brands---Classic Colorworks (formerly Crescent Colours), Dinky Dye silks, Gentle Arts, Sulky, Sullivan, Threadworx and Weeks Dye Works.
Accent your counted cross stitch or other needlework projects with our large selection of unique buttons and embellishments.
We're proud to be the only full-service cross stitch store in seven counties! Although it's pretty impossible to list each item we carry, we can give you a general overview of what you can expect when you visit us.